Definition: Off-site (rug removed from home) overall cleaning of area rugs.
Area rug cleaning is necessary not only for aesthetic reasons, but more importantly for health reasons. A rug does not have to look soiled to be in need of cleaning. In fact, once a rug looks soiled, it is overdue for professional attention.
We will come to your home to pick up your rug, bring it to our facility, clean and dry it, and then deliver it back to you. Usually the process takes 2-3 weeks (longer for repair work) but can be expedited upon request. It's a good idea to use this opportunity to evaluate your rug pad and replace if you haven't done so in a few years. Ask your specialist for details.
Just like with carpet cleaning, Christopher’s recommends following an interim cleaning routine in lieu of the more common practice of restorative cleaning because less aggressive techniques can be used reducing the overall risks associated with cleaning, and benefiting the long term appearance of the piece. In the cleaning world, ‘interim’ cleaning refers to ‘regular or scheduled’; when the rug is not visibly soiled. On the other hand, ‘restorative’ cleaning indicates something is visibly soiled, i.e. I want to return (restore) the rug to it’s original appearance. Due to the obvious benefit of increased repellency, the application of fabric protection is always recommended after area rug cleaning.
It is impossible to accurately predict the results of carpet and rug cleaning because there are many unknown variables. Therefore, as professionals, it is our policy never to do so. Our goal is to achieve the greatest cleaning results reasonably possible using a combination of:
- Competent professionals
- Top-of-the-line equipment and solutions
- Time-tested methods and procedures
- Extensive experience taking care of luxury textiles
- You can schedule by email or phone. Staff is available to answer questions and schedule appointments from 8am-4pm weekdays. In order to best meet your needs and provide the most accurate estimate, you will be asked several questions regarding the carpet and/or rugs in need of cleaning. These questions generally include:
- A general description of item to be cleaned (e.g., wall-to-wall, runner, area rug, etc…).
- The location (e.g., living room, master bedroom).
- The size (e.g., estimate of total square feet OR S, M, L).
- The soil level (Light, Medium, Heavy).
- The type of fibers (e.g., natural or synthetic? Wool, cotton, silk, etc…?).
- The age of the floor covering.
- Has the carpet been professionally cleaned in the past.
- When purchased, or after the last professional cleaning, was carpet treated with fabric protection?